Job title: Maths lesson author
We require a skilled individual to plan computer based teaching modules that is in line with the IGCSE, AS/A levels (CIE) and South African Maths curriculum. Our authors do not require advanced computer skills and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word will be sufficient. The Maths Author will report directly to the Maths Development Manager.
- B.Sc./B.A./B.Ed. with at least Mathematics 1.
- 5 years’ experience teaching Mathematics up to final year of High School level.
- South African citizen or valid work visa.
- Valid driver’s licence.
The Master Maths Author must:
- have a good fundamental knowledge and understanding of the IGCSE, AS/A-Level Mathematics.
- be able to think analytically and innovatively.
- have good writing skills.
- show excellent attention to detail.
- have a basic knowledge Microsoft Word.
- be able to work well under pressure.
The following skills will be advantageous:
- Working knowledge of Afrikaans.
- some experience with South African and I.E.B. curriculum.
Location of post: Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa.
Starting date: March 2014. Because the incumbent will most likely be in the teaching profession we want to give him or her enough time to make arrangements.
Only successful applicants will be contacted and may be required to complete a detailed questionnaire before they are considered for an interview.